The portability, speed and accuracy of our fiber lasers, coupled with the seriously intuitive software, will make laser marking metal a breeze. Due to the extensive variety of metal’s available, we have outlined just a few types below that our fibre laser etching systems are more commonly used for:
- Hard coat anodized aluminium
- Inconel metals (various)
- Machine tool steel
- Metal-plated ceramics
- Nickel plated 1215 mild steel
- Nickel plated brass
- Nickel plated gold
- Nickel plated Kovar
- Silicon steel
- Stainless steel 303
- Stainless steel 17-4 PH
- Steel 4043
- Various Inconel metals (nickel-chromium super alloys)
- Yellow chromate aluminium
- Zinc plated mild steel
- and many more!
Fibre lasers tend to be the most effective on metals, providing consistent, fast and results, effectively. This is due to the surface being heated very quickly to create the colour change, or the engraving mark. When marking for identification purposes or otherwise, the laser can be configured so as the temperature never reaches vaporization point, therefore no material is removed in the process which can aid bacterial control, perfect for medical equipment. Our range of ultra-portable fiber laser systems allow for flexibility in the workplace, they can be trolley mounted for manoeuvrability and suit even the most demanding tasks. Where systems such as the N-Lase Integrate can be integrated into production lines, providing extremely quick, accurate and consistent marking results. The intuitive software provided with our lasers can handle almost any graphic, ID or font/text easily. So you can quickly turn idea to prototype to full-scale production, without limitation and without any expensive mistakes.
Additionally, many industries rely on laser engraving machines in their fight against counterfeited goods. In contrast to continuous inkjet systems, it is harder to remove or fake an engraved marking from the surface of the metal. As a result, numerous companies rely on laser marking metal process for traceability and to guarantee the product’s authenticity.
Our Laser Marking Systems arefor Metals
The majority of our systems are suitable for laser marking metal and able to meet specific criteria for prototyping, projects, artwork, production or high-speed assembly lines:
- We source the best, proven, cost-efficient laser technology in each class, meaning MOPA fiber laser engines, clever Nd:YV04 lasers, or high-efficiency & extended lifespan Co2.
- With exceptional processing times and unsurpassed flexibility you can mark code, text, graphics and more onto any suitable material with industry-leading accuracy.
- Each system is partnered with software that allows you to easily add almost any fonts or graphics (Bitmaps, Jpegs, Vectors, DXF and many other formats).
- Intuitive and easy project setup with our software boasting a vast library of materials, coding systems and design options.
- Choose from desktop, portable, integrated or laser marking workstations.
To complement the above, our systems come with a comprehensive parts & labor warranty alongside finance or rental options…
Suggested systems suitable for laser marking metal
We have a wide range of systems suitable for laser etching onto metal to meet your budget and work-space area. Our team of sales representatives would be delighted to discuss your laser marking metal requirements and suggest the best system for the job. To speak to us, either call us or complete the contact form below.